INTERVIEW: SMART PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH

LESLEY BOURNE @lesleybourne
Where are you based?
Australia.
What inspires you to take photographs? 
The surrounding environment and unique situations at the time of the shot. I follow a lot of great photographers on photo related social networks, and they really inspire me to try new things. Especially in street photography.
Describe your photography? 
I would describe my work as documentary and fine art photography, with a passion for the urban landscape. There is something about the making of photographs in public places that resonates with me more than any other kind of photography. I love the experience of walking the streets seeking out ‘that’ moment – a rare emotion, a chance sight. Initially, I look for a dynamic urban setting and an interesting character when creating my street images. 


What are you currently working on?
Currently I am working on a photographic series shot in Bali. The series will be exhibited later this year.


 What is next for you?
Preparing for the upcoming group exhibition Skrambled Eggs.


Anyone you would like to plug? 
Michael Baranovic and Olly Lang. We exhibited together in the Iphoneography Exhibition at the Sydney Apple store, and continue to keep in touch. They cofounded the Mobile Photo Network and have been creating and curating mobile photography experiences and exhibitions since 2009.