INTERVIEW: SMART PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH

JESS MACDONALD @missunderground


Where are you based?
London, SE1.


Describe your work.
I love photographing beautiful spaces in the London underground network to show off the architecture and beauty in the tunnels.


How does your location affect your photography?
I find dark spaces hard to photograph and the artificial light in the tunnels can be difficult.


What are you currently working on?
My #stopseries focusing on the emergency stop buttons and empty escalators.
  

How has smart photography had an impact on your work?
I always carried a camera with me, but my smart phone has enabled me to be able to capture the world we live in and share it more easily.


What is next for you?
I would like to do an exhibition with other underground photographers and create a book. I also have plans for a website.

Anyone you would like to plug?
I love Instagramers that have one theme running through their feed, especially @safesolvent in Montreal with his fantastic self-portraits and @payphones in California who takes images of payphones and the world surrounding them.